Are you looking for ideas for modular kitchen designs within a budget? Well, we have got you covered. Installing and designing modular kitchens on a budget may not be easy. However, it can be done with smart design and planning. A modular kitchen in India can be designed with easily available alternatives and cheaper options, without compromising on quality, functionality and aesthetics.
Some tips to design budget-friendly modular kitchens
Understand your kitchen requirements
You made need a tailor-made design to fit your usage requirements within an available budget and space. Give the layout some thought as it will dictate the modular kitchen ideas installation. Your kitchen can be U or L shaped or a corridor kitchen depending on your preference.
Contemplate your cooking style as well? Do you require extra counter space or do you need extra space to fit in your fridge?
Considering all of this is important to help you choose a kitchen based on your requirements.
Best countertops for a budget
There are hundreds of options available when it comes to choosing countertops. Marble and Granite are some cost-effective solutions, however, marble may be prone to staining easily.
Painting your kitchen
Instead of choosing a whitewash, pick a bright colour that complements your cooking space and your cabinetry. Don’t be shy to pick up a bright shade. Any wall that doesn’t face much heat you can install grease and heat resistant wallpaper.
For planning the storage, consider the appliances and utensils that you own. Make sure to have sufficient space for any new appliances you are planning to buy. Display some of your crockery on the shelf or fix floating shelves on the wall.
Accessorize your kitchen
- Mount some few pieces of art on the wall. A few posters or a painting are a good option.
- You can opt to change the kitchen fabrics for window treatments.
- You can upgrade from regular knobs to vintage and aesthetics looking knobs that are made of ceramics and wood.
Ideas for kitchen flooring
Pick the right flooring for your kitchen. Vinyl is a budget-friendly option that comes in the form of planks and sheets. You can also opt for plain ceramic tiles or linoleum flooring. If you prefer an industrial look, you can also go for stained concrete. All these options are easy on the pocket with very low maintenance.
Cabinet materials and finishes
Your kitchen wardrobes and cabinets make the maximum of your kitchen budget. Choose materials that are budget-friendly and durable.
- PVC sheets are tough composite plastic. If you want to go for a wooden finish, you can opt for PVC sheets with faux moulding and wooden grains.
- Aluminium or steel is also a durable option for kitchen cabinets
- If you are on a tight budget, laminates are a great option for you. They are very easy to maintain and comes in a variety of colours.
- Wood veneers are thin wood sheets that are pasted on surfaces like plywood. They resemble a wooden look but are not expensive as wood. They also provide protection against termites and moisture.
Stunning aesthetics combined with high efficiency is a hallmark of modular kitchen designs in India. Our experts at Belso can help you with a kitchen design that fits exactly right in your budget.